Fax: (715) 394-3889
Nathan Cockerham is engaged in a well-rounded practice of criminal defense, personal injury, bankruptcy law (creditor and debtor), family law, insurance defense, employment law, and real estate, with his primary focus on representing individuals charge with serious crimes, such as Homicide and Sexual Assault, and those charged with Operating While Intoxicated offenses. Here is a link to a story covering a recent Vehicle Homicide charge that was dropped in a Sawyer County.
These are a few other recent positive outcomes:
- 2013 Douglas County Case – Defended individual charged with Repeated Acts of Sexual Intercourse Against a Person under the Age of 12. Client was acquitted of all charges after a jury trial.
- 2015 Douglas County Case – Defended individual charge with OWI – 2nd Offense. Case was dismissed after successful suppression motion regarding bad driving and blood test results.
- 2015 Douglas County Case – Defended individual charged with OWI 3rd. Client was acquitted of all charges after a jury trial.
- 2016 Sawyer County Case – Defended individual charged with Homicide by Vehicle. Charge was reduced to Negligent Operation of a Vehicle, and client spent no time in jail.
- 2016 CHIPS Case – Defended individual charged with Neglecting her Children. Client was found to have not neglected her children after a jury trial.
- 2016 Federal OWI Case – Defended individual charged with OWI by the United States of America. Case was dismissed after successful Motion to Suppress Evidence.
- 2016 Douglas County Case – Defended individual with prior conviction for OWI, charged with OWI Causing Injury. Settled case as a traffic citation and no criminal conviction.
- 2017 Douglas County drug conspiracy case – Negotiated probation sentence for co-defendant. The other two co-defendants received a prison sentence totaling 28 years.
- 2017 Douglas County Case – Defended individual charge with OWI – 3rd Offense. Case was dismissed after successful motion suppressing evidence of bad driving and blood test.
- 2017 Douglas County Case – Defended individual charged with Arson. Case was dismissed.
- 2017 Douglas County Case – Defended individual charged with 2 counts of Attempted First Degree Homicide and 2 counts of First Degree Reckless Endangerment. Those charges were dismissed, and client pled to lesser charges
- 2017 Douglas County Felony OWI case negotiated settlement whereby client was convicted of negligent operation of vehicle.
- 2018 OWI Cases – 3 cases and counting in 2018 that have been dismissed after successful Motion Hearings.
- 2018 Douglas County Sexual Assault case negotiated resolution whereby client was convicted of only disorderly conduct.
- 2020 Operating with Restricted Controlled Substance charge dismissed on day of jury trial for lack of evidence.
- 4 successful Collateral Attack Motions reducing higher prior OWI offenses to lessers in the last 2 years.
Before joining the firm, Nathan practiced for three years in Washington, D.C. focusing on Trial and Litigation matters. Nathan graduated magna cum laude from the University of Wisconsin-Superior in 2000 with a bachelor’s of science degree and lettered in hockey. He attended law school at the University of Nebraska College of Law, in Lincoln, NE, earning the degree of juris doctorate in 2004. While in law school, Nathan clerked for Maki, Ledin, Bick & Olson Law Office.
Nathan is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin and the District of Columbia Court of Appeals. He is an active member of the Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense lawyers. Nathan grew up in Superior Wisconsin. Nathan and his wife Anne, who is also an attorney, reside in Superior with their two children.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense and OWI/DUI Defense
- Personal Injury/Complex Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Employment Law
- Real Estate Law
- Family Law
- District of Columbia, 2007
- Wisconsin, 2008
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska, 2004
- University of Wisconsin-Superior, Superior, WI, USA, 2000
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Honors: Dean’s List
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Douglas County Bar Association