Maki, Ledin, Bick & Olson, S.C.
1109 Tower Avenue
Superior, WI 54880-1502
Telephone: 715-394-4471
Fax: 715-394-3889
Toll Free: 800-924-1234


Bankruptcy Law Attorneys in Northern Wisconsin and Minnesota.

In times of financial hardship, many people question how things got so out of hand. However, a single event, such as a serious illness that keeps you away from work, a divorce, a pay cut or job loss can quickly derail your finances. One bill goes late, then two. Before long, your bills and debts are suffocating your family. An experienced bankruptcy attorney can explain your options and help you determine appropriate action. If you hire our firm for your bankruptcy, you will receive prompt, personal service from an attorney. From day one an attorney will handle your case, not a paralegal.

Stop foreclosure and put an end to harassing creditors. Contact us or call 715-394-4471 or toll-free 800-924-1234 to schedule an appointment with a skilled bankruptcy law attorney. 

At the AV rated law office of Maki, Ledin, Bick & Olson, S.C., in Superior, Wisconsin, we provide quality representation and personal service to clients in northern Wisconsin and Minnesota. We provide effective legal counsel in personal bankruptcy under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

Bankruptcy laws have changed to limit eligibility to file for complete debt relief to people who are below a certain income standard for their region. However, many people are still eligible for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Those who are not eligible may still be eligible for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. An experienced bankruptcy attorney can help you assess your situation and determine which option is most beneficial.

Chapter 7 bankruptcy stops wage garnishments and harassing bill collectors. Chapter 7 bankruptcy discharges all eligible debt (such as credit card bills, medical bills and other liabilities). Certain debts, such as school loans, child support arrearages or delinquent taxes cannot be eliminated in bankruptcy. Chapter 7 bankruptcy provides debt relief that allows debtors to get a fresh start financially and to protect a certain amount of assets.

Chapter 13 Bankruptcy

Debt restructuring can enable individuals to focus their attention on eliminating debt without the burden of deciding which bills to pay first or which debts will acquire significant default interest fees. Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows debtors to consolidate and reorganize their debts into a manageable repayment plan. One monthly payment is made to a bankruptcy trustee who will disburse payment to a schedule of creditors. At the end of the repayment period (usually three or five years), debtors can emerge with renewed financial control. Under Chapter 13 bankruptcy, debtors are capable of keeping their home, getting caught up on mortgage payments and regaining control over their finances.

For additional information on bankruptcy, please click here.

If you have financial concerns and are considering filing for bankruptcy, discuss your situation with an experienced bankruptcy law attorney. Contact us to schedule an initial consultation.

Visa Master

Maki, Ledin, Bick & Olson, S.C.
1109 Tower Avenue
Superior, WI 54880-1502
Telephone: 715-394-4471 | Fax: 715-394-3889
Toll Free: 800-924-1234

Map and Directions

The law firm of Maki, Ledin, Bick & Olson, S.C. represents clients of Northern Wisconsin including the communities of Ashland, Barnes, Bayfield, Bennett, Benoit, Brule, Cable, Clam Lake, Cornucopia, Dairyland, Drummond, Foxboro, Grand View, Gordon, Hawthorne, Hayward, Herbster, Hurley, Iron River, Lake Nebagamon, LaPointe, Maple, Marengo, Mason, Minong, Nemakagon, Oulu, Poplar, Port Wing, Sanborn, Spider Lake, South Range, Spooner, Springbrook, Solon Springs, Stone Lake, Superior, Waino, Wascott, Washburn, Winter as well as Douglas, Bayfield, Ashland, Burnett, Iron, Washburn, Polk, Barron, Rusk, Sawyer and other northern Wisconsin counties.

Printer Friendly View
Add To Favorites

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.